- 1 ½ pounds ground pork
- 1 large baking potato
- 1 large onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 dash ground allspice
- ½ cup water
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Step 1 Bake the potato until done, 30 – 45 minutes in a preheated 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) oven. Peel and mash the potato.
- Step 2 Place the potato, ground pork, onion, spices and water in a large frying pan and simmer until very thick, for about one hour.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, prepare your pastry.
- Step 4 Line a deep-dish pie plate with pastry. Spoon in filling, spreading evenly. Cover with top crust.
- Step 5 Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Cut steam vent. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). If edges brown too fast, cover with a strip of foil. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 485 calories; protein 17.9g; carbohydrates 30.5g; fat 32g; cholesterol 84.5mg; sodium 565mg.