°1 cup of chocolate chips
°Toll House Morsell semi-sweet chocolate
°2 cups pecans
°3/4 cup melted butter
°1/2 cup evaporated milk
°1 (14 oz) bag of caramel
°1 1/3 cups water (or as required for cake mix)
°1/3 cup oil (or as required for cake mix)
°3 large eggs
°1 (18 oz) box of German chocolate cake mix
*How to make it :
1. First, the oven must be preheated to 350°F (175°C).
2. Then grease a 9″ x 13″ skillet with a little more fat.
3. Use the package directions when preparing the cake batter and pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Now, bake for 15 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
5. Melt the caramel, 3/4 cup of butter or ghee and evaporated milk in a saucepan and pour over the baked cake.
6. Once cooked, sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped walnuts over the caramel mixture.
7. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F (175°C).
8. Cool and frost.
To make frosting:
9. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine with the unsweetened chocolate.
Remove from heat and add corn syrup, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar and milk, mix well and use to freeze cooled cake.